Friday, July 24, 2009

Essay #1 gameplan

1. I am going to select the Food + Family prompt because I already know of quite a few dishes that are very popular and traditional at my family reunions and get togethers. There are certain things that people bring every time and make those get togethers just feel right. The others options for writing prompts didn't seem to interest me very much. I have tried almost every kind of food thats out there so i couldn't really do the Food + Adventure since I have encountered most foods. I also don't have anybody that I know that does certain things so they can have the type of body where they would be accepted by everyone so that kind of ruled out the Food + Practices option.

2. The modes that will help me out the most are definately description, Illustration, and Classification. I can classify certain dishes to go with specific holidays and get togethers. With illustration I can provide examples of what every one brings to the special occasions and how they bring the same thing as a tradition. I will aslo describe how having all the foods there makes the reunions and get togethers feel more important and fun.

3. I will include detail of what dishes are brought and how they are brought everytime. This will accomplish getting the reader to undersatnd how having the same thing makes it feel right, whereas if someone is missing and/or their dish is missing, then it just doesn't feel the same and it feels as if something is missing. I will include detail of what is in the dishes and what makes them taste so good, so that the reader can feel like they are right next to the dish, and as if they if they are about to eat it themselves.

4. I will definately try to recreate Thanksgiving and Christmas because those are two major hollidays that are well known for having delicious foods. My family is no exception. Thanksgiving is definately a holliday that is surrounded by food and my grandmas turkey is the key to it all. As well as on christmas when my mom makes ham for dinner.

5. My main reason for writing will to be able to signify the importance of tradition and how that bring a family together. When you have something to look forward to on a certain holliday it kind of makes it that much more enjoyable. If every holliday is just randomness it gets kind of boring and not nearly as enjoyable. I will try to accomplish that possibly someone could read this and try to start their own traditions of their own that they can start with their family. Then that family can carry those traditions on for generations and generations to come. Making every holliday and family get together a complete success.

6. When I write I tend to repeat myself and kind of just say the same thing but using different words. I need to be able to get more detail into my writing and not just write about the main things that everyone already knows and expects. I need to find something that intrigues the reader and wants them to continue reading on and not think about how they would rather be doing someting else. I can overcome these difficulties by just digging deep and coming up with all the little details that go along with my essay and the family get togethers. Gather all the finite details and not just the ones that are obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment