Friday, August 7, 2009

Essay #2 Game Plan

1. I chose the first option using the title Generation Download. I think this will be the best option for me because I know a lot about downloading music since I do it almost every day. I use one of the most popular programs for downloading music, LimeWire, which is mentioned in a lot of the articles that I read about music downloading. I have hundreds of songs that I have downloaded and know the benefits of not having to pay for them versus spending 99 cents for every song on iTunes. This topic is also very relative to young adults who listen to a lot of music on their own, many of which download songs themselves.

2. The topic I am choosing is Downloading Music

3. My audience will be young adults and teens from the ages of 14 to 25. This is the major range of people who download music and would be able to relate to the article. The reader should take notice to this essay because it will describe some of the major laws that are being broken every time you download a song, and the severity of the punishment. People are constantly being sued by the record industry over people who are illegally downloading and sharing music. Almost every person in this age either currently downloads music or has at some time previously. Almost every one of my friends downloads music for free just like I do. People don't have the money to be able to afford to pay $1 for every song that they want. It is much more affordable option to be able to download every song you want for free. I know that I will download a song that I haven't heard and if I don't like it, and then I will delete it. But if you have to pay a dollar for it you're not going to buy it just to hear it one time not knowing if you like it or not.

4. I will use multiple modes of writing in my essay. I will use cause and effect to describe the effect of illegally downloading music, as well as illustration proving examples of what some of the punishment have been and what they could possibly be. There will also be some process and analysis used to show how people download and share their music.

5. The research I have done has given me multiple cases of people who have illegally downloaded and share music, and then were sued by the recording industry for thousands and even millions of dollars. I have discovered many facts of how many songs are legally and illegally downloaded every year. One article said that 95% of songs that were downloaded in 2008 were downloaded illegally. I found that to be really interesting. My future research will go into the main programs used to download music both legally and illegally, as well how people get caught illegally downloading music.

No comments:

Post a Comment