Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Research findings etc..

Over the past two days I have found out many new things that I didn’t realize about downloading music. I have found some good articles on how college campuses are trying to prevent students from illegally downloading and sharing music over their internet connections. Downloading music has almost become an everyday thing and a lot of people don’t realize that the consequences that can come by doing it illegally. I’ve researched a few court cases where people were sued for illegally downloading music and the amount of money that they had to pay was enormous. People today have become more and more accepting of downloading music for free because of the financial relief that it brings. Especially in the current economic state that we are in, people can’t afford to spend $1 for every song that they want to hear. So they turn to illegal downloading programs such as LimeWire. These programs are very easy to use and they could eventually end up costing your millions. The focus of my essay has changed in that I was going to research how people get caught illegally downloading music, but now I’m looking more into the financial relief and the fight to prevent people from downloading and sharing their music without paying for it. I am also not going to focus on the particular programs that people use to download music as much in my paper as what I originally had thought. My working thesis at this point is more and more people every day start to download music for free versus paying for it due to a multitude of different reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment